9/5/08

Honorable Mention... of sorts...

Here's a screen shot from the Autodesk Student & Educator Online Community Website. You have to sign in to your account to see this image, but I'll have you know that it is legitimate. One of my coworkers said she saw a picture of my design on the background of the site, and I almost didn't believe her. I signed in, and, sure enough, there it was. After refreshing the page almost a hundred times, I realized that my rendering is one of only five displayed...

I thought that the only award possible in the Architecture category of the Student Design Competition was First Place (and potentially the Grand Prize if you received the First Place award). I didn't win the First Place award and easily left it at that, especially considering the fact that I was competing against tons of architectural students at accredited architectural schools across the world. My coworker, Clyne the RJ(Revit Jedi), and I had joked, prior to learning the competition results, about my design appearing on the Autodesk website...

Well, as they say, "be careful what you wish for." This small exhibition of my work is more than consolation indeed... a sort of Honorable Mention. I am proud of this recognition and grateful to those that helped me in getting there.

The caption on the bottom right of the image reads: "Image courtesy of A. Scot Clark, Brigham Young University Student." And below the black menu bar by the "Logout" link, it reads "335,502 Current Members." So, in all honesty, this is definitely the largest exposure my work has ever received and may ever receive in the future...

But, I've still got some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment